As of 1 January 2021, Sacred Heart Primary School, Mildura has been governed by the Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL).
DOBCEL is the company recently established by Bishop Paul Bird to become the governing body for parish schools in the Ballarat Diocese. It was established to fulfil the following objectives:
- To ensure consistency and professionalism of governance for parish schools.
- To ensure the continued pastoral ministry of priests in parish schools.
- To allow the ongoing engagement of parish and local communities.
- To ensure effective and transparent stewardship of education resources.
- To allow the Diocese of Ballarat to address Recommendation 16.6 of the Royal Commission (that parish priests are not the employers of principals and teachers in Catholic schools).
- To allow Catholic education authorities to meet the Victorian Government’s requirement for organisations that receive government funding (including schools) to be governed by incorporated legal entities.
Prior to 2021 Sacred Heart was governed by a number of Canonical Administrators. We are thankful for the governance that they provided to our school and we will continue to value our connection with our Sacred Heart Parish Community.
Visit the DOBCEL Website